Bucket List: September and October 2017

As summer turned to fall I began to dwell on the fact that come Thanksgiving time I would be turning 30. That meant I really needed to finish my 30 Foods to Cook Before 30 list since that one sort of had a deadline on it. That being said, I only checked one thing off in September and that was Lasagna.

 

Now this was not a pretty lasagna at all. It was also a very thin lasagna. The recipe said it was enough for a 9x13 pan but I think it would have looked more impressive in a 9x9. It tasted good though. I used some of the tomato sauce I had made the month before, but also some jarred sauce when that fell short. It's also lots of meat and cheese. I prefer an all cheese lasagna, with lots of ricotta, but that's not what the family enjoys so I tried to keep it closer to their tastes since this was intended to be everyone's dinner. I used the noodles that do not require boiling first. If I were to do it again I would have bought more just to be sure I had enough instead of having this silly thin lasagna as my result.

In October, I made Cinnamon Rolls and Carbonara. For some reason I saved most of the C foods for the end. The Carbonara came together quickly for lunch one day, just because I happened to have everything I needed to make it. I should have used a different pan, but you live and you learn.

This is another one of those things that is a "me" food and not really a family food. Little Lark will eat anything of course, and the bigger kids will usually try something, but "me" foods often have lots of leftovers that I can't get through myself. Which is why I was so glad this was a "for two" recipe. It made just enough for lunch. And I *might* have added extra parm. Oh well. I love cheese, it's my favorite food. This was good, and best of all it was quick to make and only had 5 ingredients. 

The Cinnamon Rolls I made were a beer bread dough that only took 10 minutes. Major shout out to The Beeroness for her recipe right here! I used Leinenkugel's Cocoa Shandy for the dough, because I had a can leftover from a variety pack. Little Lark had a blast helping to roll the dough. 


I think he probably had more fun eating them though! 


And here is the actual finished product without my teacup human shoving it in his mouth:


Is that not one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen? I loved these, but I also love beer bread in general. They are quick and pretty easy so I recommend giving them a try! And now writing this months later I am wondering why I have not made them again. Maybe tomorrow.... 

November was a big month! Stay tuned for that post next week and then we are quite nearly up to date! 

xoxo
Poison Megz




Comments

Popular Posts