Bucket List: 2018 Wrap-up

Hello lovelies and happy 2019! Once again, I have fallen behind. I am still so passionate about having my little bucket list adventures but I admit, it was a darker end to the year and I just could not find the energy to come write about it. I am on the rise again though and feeling more like myself than ever. I'm at a Crossroads right now and am not sure if I will continue on with this blog, but if I do I hope to find more support in my network. So, I'm going to keep most of this short and sweet to catch up in one go and then I need everyone to bug me to keep up with my darn posts! Don't let me go in to hermit mode again team.

May 2018:
I ate a lobster roll for the first time while in Charlotte, NC for a horror convention. It was delicious and I can only imagine how heavenly one will be in Maine.

June 2018:
I ordered the most expensive wine on the menu at my favorite local place. The wine was a Louis Bernard 2011 Gigondas. I'm not normally a dry red fan, but this was quite enjoyable. 
At that same favorite local place, the best bartender also helped me out and taught me how to make a Mint Julep (with mint that I brought from my garden). 
July 2018: 
California baby! One more state on my quest to visit every state. I actually went in July and November and I am going to leave some photos from both trips here because they both had awesome moments.
Something about being in Los Angeles brought my freckles out!

Famous #19 at Langer's

Tar pits! I'm obsessed with My Girl 2.

Nightmare on Elm St house! 

Murder House from American Horror Story!

Also while in Cali, I hung out with me "Toes in the water" which is on my summer bucket list.


August 2018:

I made butter. The shaking heavy cream in a mason jar method. Took ages but Lukas helped and then he ate it on toast. It was super tasty, because butter always is. 




I also made 3 recipes from my 44 french meals list with the help of a friend. 
Aligot. Decadent and rich. All the cheese. 10/10 would eat all the time.

Coq au vin. Also yummy, because wine makes everything yummy.

Escargots. I already loved escargots but had never made it myself. 

September 2018: 

I drank whiskey around a fire. I live in Southern Indiana now and half the things on my summer bucket list are things that people have been doing their entire lives around here basically. I grew up with bonfires too but once I hit drinking age it wasn't as big of a thing. 

October 2018:

So, sometimes you add something to your bucket list and it doesn't exactly work out. Example: Visit a Cat Cafe. Because the ones in Japan look amazing. People enjoying a good cuppa tea while they snuggle a kitty and have a snack. Surprise guys, the ones in the states are not this exciting. We walked in to one and were told we needed to have a pre-paid reservation to go into the cat room, where no food or drink was allowed. But you could have a drink in a different room and not visit the cats if you wanted to. We left. Unsuccessful and not exciting and I checked this off anyways because we did visit the cat cafe it was just not fun. 

November 2018:
I brewed my own beer! It's not done yet so this technically will hit for November, December, and January 2019 because of the souring, fermenting, and carbonation. BUT the main process was November. The beer is a gose and I worked on this with my friends Ella and Brian. We will be calling it Megladonian Gose. 



Stolen from Ella

Stolen from Brian and Ella


In bottles and will be ready to drink January 9th!!!

December 2018: 

I ate soup dumplings and as predicted I want to eat them every day for the rest of my life.

So that's the last 8 months of 2018 and hopefully January will have a few more. Speaking of the new year... No resolutions this year but I am setting a goal to try to do all of the things in this book: 

And also to read more books, write more, and keep with both my "52 Lists" weekly journals. I may post the lists on IG as well. 

Did you make any resolutions or aspirations for the year? What should I add to my bucket list in 2019? 

xoxo
Poison Megz


Comments

  1. If I lived closer to you, I'd totally pay you to let me come over and try all the amazing food, drinks, etc. that you make! I'm not very adventurous with a lot of things but I can totally get behind food adventures! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit I don't keep up with your posts but love the idea behind it. I madey own list and started out with writing but as predicted didn't keep up. I've had a rough couple of years and enjoy seeing your post whether it be on Facebook or wherever. You seem so brave and are always trying new things, I wish I had the guts to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts