Food Related Bucket Lists

Anyone that knows me or follows me on Instagram (@PoisonMegz) knows that food is a big part of my life.  That goes for everything from reading about it, to making it, to eating it (especially the eating part).  I love to cook and have a Pinterest full of recipes I want to try.  Pinterest has made my recipe hoarding so much easier.  I spent all of High School checking stacks of cookbooks out from the library and copying recipes in to notebooks to save them.  Technology has made that whole process much easier, especially since I have the worst handwriting in the universe.

There were already some food items on my bucket list,and more in my head that I never really wrote down.  Recently I found two lists online and decided I want to add completing them to my bucket list as well.  The first one is from Delish and it is 30 Foods To Cook Before You Turn 30. Below are the foods that have been added to my list from this list, the ones missing I have already made in the past.

Souffle
Hummus
Poached Eggs
Lasagna
Cinnamon Rolls
Steak
Pimento Cheese
Tomato Sauce
Pizza Pie Crust
Chicken Pot Pie
Carbonara
Ceviche
Salad Dressing
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Roux
Challah
Beef Bourguignon
Birthday Cake
Tortillas
Wings
Bolognese
Thanksgiving Dinner

This list is much, much easier than the 2nd list.  There is some overlap though.  The next list is 44 Classic French Meals You Need To Try Before You Die from Buzzfeed.

Baked Camembert
Coquilles Saint-Jacques
Moules Marinières
Buckwheat Crêpes
Blanquettr de Veau
Soupe à L'oignon
Sole Meunière
Hachis Parmentier
Boudin Noir Aux Pommes
Cheese Soufflé
Steak Tartare
Pot-au-feu
Piperade
Magret de Canard
Garbure
Cassoulet
Pan-seared Foie Gras
Confít de Canard
Poulet Basquaise
Lamprey à la Bordelaise
Quenelles of Pike with Lobster Sauce
Soupe de Poisson à la Rouille
Gigot D'Agneau Pleureur
Bouillabaisse
Pissaladière
Soupe au Pistou
Ratatouille
Roasted Chicken and Garlic
Navarin D'Agneau
Foie de Veau à la Lyonnaise
Aligot
Fondue Savoyarde
Tartiîette
Gratin Dauphinois
Coq au Vin
Flammekueche
Raclette
Choucroute Garnie
Baeckeoffe
Quiche Lorraine
Boeuf Bourguignon
Escargots
Gougères
Cod Accras

That list is a bit intimidating, even just to look at.  I also live in a little bit of a food wasteland so it is likely there are many ingredients for this list that I will not be able to find here. I still would really like to cook my way through both of these lists.  I also started a list of foods I want to try.  I do not shy away from so-called "weird foods" and this list contains a bunch of those. My partner is 100% not going to be behind the fact that this list has rattlesnake and turtle soup on it as these are things he would have as pets, but I basically want to eat everything so they are included in that.

Boudin Noir
Natto
Branston Pickles
White Pudding
Black Pudding
Century Eggs
Salted Duck Egg
Huitlacoche
Raclette
Ethiopian
Dim Sum
Poutine
Guinea Pig
Rocky Mountain Oysters
Shark
Fugu
Durian
Pike Place Fish Market
3 Michelin-starred restaurant
Katz's Deli
Rattlesnake
Turtle soup

That food list will definitely grow as I hear about new restaurants and foods.  I am also about a trillion percent open to suggestions when it comes to Must-Try foods, so please leave a comment! If you have a favorite recipe for any of these foods please also share that.  I'm excited to start t try some of these recipes. I am thinking Souffle and Beef Bourguignon will be the first ones I attempt.  I have always wanted to make a souffle, it's on my original bucket list, and I think the family will definitely eat cheese souffles.  Beef Bourguignon is also one I think will go over well with the boys, who are much pickier than I am.

Comments

Popular Posts