Bucket List: February 2018

Here I am playing catch-up again; are you tired of hearing me say that yet? Luckily the next few months were one-offs. I only crossed one thing off, which is the goal so that is perfectly fine. And February was a doozy. I will probably never come down from the feeling. I GOT TO HOLD A SLOTH. As part of my Valentine's Day experience my partner took me to Wildlife In Need, Inc. and I got to see quite a few animals. I knew they had a sloth and that is what I was hoping for. Our time was almost over and I was starting to lose hope that my dreams were going to come true. But then out came Elmer in all his majestic slothness. I think I stopped breathing. After the educational piece, you could pose for photos with animals for a donation. Please watch this Gif below for a very clear picture of my excitement. 



And a few stills from the experience that are my favorite. 






10/10 recommend snuggling a sloth if you ever get the opportunity to do so. It was magical. If you didn't know sloths are one of the animals I geek out over. Also included in this list are manatees and bats. I'm weird, I know. I am going to go a bit off topic right now to share some of my amazing sloth related items I have acquired. 

Sleepy sloth on a rainbow shoes. I believe I found them on Modcloth. Now that it's getting warmer out I can actually start wearing them more. 



This was acquired on amazon and he used to live in my office as a makeshift door for my cubicle until the higher ups decided shower curtains were a fire hazard. Because clearly if there was a fire in the office I would be in such a panic that I could not figure out how to get through the curtain, flail about, get stuck in it, and the flames would infuse it to my skin. Anyways, now Slothzilla lives in my bathroom and stares creepily while I enjoy a nice relaxing bubble bath with bath beer or bath wine and usually with candles, fire hazard be damned! 


This sloth lamp came from Target. Pretty sure it's intended as a nursery decoration but I don't care. I ordered it online and it came shattered! I was heartbroken. Target offered to refund me, but said the didn't have any in stock for an exchange. My other option was to drive to a store and hope they had it. They said the Target 30 minutes away showed they had 3. I headed up the first chance I got and was able to get the very last one! 


Sloth wallet! This brings me a smile every time I have to pull it out. I'm pretty sure this also came from Modcloth. I have a skirt too, that I got on amazon but no photos. It's cheap and from China but also still pretty fantastic. 

Thank you for reading about my sloth obsession and accidental mini collection. Have you started any accidental collections?

xoxo
PoisonMegz

Comments

Popular Posts