Bucket List: December 2017 & January 2018

It's that time of year again when everyone becomes focused on starting over and setting goals. I'm just focused on surviving right now. You see, I have lost my damn mind and will be starting an MSW program online through Tulane University. Yep, that's right folks. 3rd times the charm when it comes to my dream school! I am in the first cohort starting Spring 2018 for Tulane's newly accredited Online MSW program. And this will be in addition to my full-time job. Which will be especially fun when I get to the part where I have to be completing field placement 12 hours a week in addition to my regular work hours. So, these posts may fall behind again, but I am hoping that I can work on the blog more regularly also.


UPDATE: I don't want to take that out of this post because that emotion was so real when I wrote it. As it turns out, I wound up crushed because at orientation I was basically told I could not do this program and maintain my full-time employment. I felt like I had been swindled into paying a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit, and  buying a new laptop for this MSW program. I was really bitter for a while, but at least I got out before I spent the $33,000 a year for the program. I wasn't willing to sacrifice 2 years of putting my son to bed at night in order to do this program and the admissions people, the professor's, and the advisors just could not understand that and tried to push me to stay. It took me weeks to actually get them to officially withdraw me. But that's okay, I'm still on to bigger and better things I just have to take another path.

That said, for December I put a pie inside of a cake. Pecan pie and chocolate fudge cake to be exact. And everyone was surprised at just how tasty this concoction actually was.

In January, I had the chance to attend another murder mystery that was also a charity dinner. This was Tiki themed and benefited CASA. CASA works with children involved with the Department of Child Services to ensure their needs are being met as best as they can be. I brought my partner and attended with a co-worker and her husband.  It was a little goofy, but it was a lot of fun and for a good cause. My co-worker even won a raffle! Here's a few photos: 
Photos by Poison Megz

Above photos are the ticket for entry and a set of clues.


Photos by Poison Megz

The program, my fella and I, my drink and the centerpiece.  There were several tiki inspired drinks and clearly I picked the blue coconut one. It was a fun night, and I would definitely attend again to help out the Jackson County CASA! 

Fingers crossed I can hop on here more regularly. February's adventure was a major one!

xoxo
Poison Megz

Comments

Popular Posts