Bucket List: March & April 2018

Surprise! I fell behind in posting again. Is anyone really surprised? I'm here now though.  A few things have changed since the last time I posted. I took a new position within the same line of work and am experiencing significantly less stress. I haven't had any extra time yet though. That will come eventually once I've learned the ropes and am working on my own each day. 

I also started an attempt at living in a healthier way. I am not doing anything specific just trying to be conscious of what I am eating. I'm still eating out, I'm still drinking craft beer. I am also having primarily eggs, oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt for breakfast in their suggested serving sizes. I've very rarely had soda and have only been drinking black coffee or bulletproof coffee. I haven't really started exercising but I have been trying to walk more. I have lost about 12 lbs so far just with those changes. I don't really notice it looking at myself but it is very motivating.

Let's talk about March and April, which were both food related items. In March my friend Amber stopped by with some Asian food goodies. We re-visted Durian and once again my Little Lark was in love with it. We also tried Raclette Cheese over some blue corn chips. I found a neat little portable raclette that uses tealight candles to melt the cheese. It's melted cheese so obviously it was delicious. 




Photos by Poison Megz

That was the only Bucket List experience from March. April also had just one. I cooked with Chuno, which is a freeze-dried potato traditionally made in South American countries for preservation purposes. I used them in a recipe for potato and chickpea stew. 
Photo by Poison Megz
You have to soak and rinse the potatoes prior to using them. 

Photo by Poison Megz

They stew was good at first, but the flavor of the Chuno got even funkier as it sat and I grew to no longer be able to enjoy it unfortunately. It's probably an acquired taste that grew out of necessity. It was awesome to get to try such a culturally important food. 

Hopefully things will calm down a bit and I will be able to stay caught up with this now. After the next post for May & June that will bring me up to date--yay! 

Until next time,
xoxo
Poison Megz





Comments

Popular Posts